Dr. Somasundaram Sathappan is a Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and heads the Soma Plastic Surgery (Clinical Aesthetics) Clinic in Subang Jaya, Malaysia. Dr. Soma received his medical degree from the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur in 1989 and was posted to Sarawak in Malaysia Borneo for a year and half before returning to Kuala Lumpur and joining the National University of Malaysia as a trainee lecturer in the Department of Surgery. Dr. Soma completed his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburg, Scotland in 1994 and returned to the National University of Malaysia for a Masters Degree in Surgery in 1996, followed by additional plastic surgery training at the Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery in Swansea, Wales which he completed in 2001.
A special interest in treating burns, scars and keloids led Dr. Soma to help establish the Advanced Burns Centre at the National University of Malaysia. He is a member of the Asian Scar Advisory Board, with the aim of advancing the science of scar and keloid treatment. Dr. Soma is also a member of International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) and Malaysian Association of Plastic, Aesthetic Craniomaxillofacial Surgery (MAPACS). Drawing earlier experience as a lecturer, Dr. Soma guides third and final year medical students at the National University of Malaysia and the post-graduates in the Masters in Surgery program in clinical bedside courses. Dr. Soma also teaches courses for student nurses as the University of Malaysia’s teaching hospital and lends his expertise internationally as a tutor in the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh’s Basic Surgical Skills course.
Dr. Soma has lectured at many local and international meetings, especially on scars and scar treatment and cosmetic surgery. Dr. Soma keeps a foot in the research community and actively participates in clinical study and experiments. Dr. Soma believes that plastic surgery should reach the common man and as such he has made numerous surgical expeditions to war torn areas to render reconstructive expertise.
Dr. Somasundaram Sathappan
We exist to bring happiness and contentment to all our patients by providing excellent healthcare to both body and mind.
Highly Skilled and Experienced Surgeon
- Dr.Soma has more than 25 years of experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Minor surgery is done cost effectively and safely in our clinic, while, major surgeries that needs anaesthesia is done in Subang Jaya Medical Centre, one of the best private medical centre in Malaysia.
Broad Range Of Aesthetic Services & Skincare Products
- Scar & keloid treatment, botox, filler, PRP, liposuction, tummy tuck, facelift, happy lift, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, blepharoplasty, breast augmentation & many more.
- Potent skincare products that are clinically proven and have significant effect in treating scars and rejuvenating your skin.
- Friendly & attentive staff that works together to create a happy & comfortable environment for the patients.
- Our patients are satisfied with the good & quality service provided by our team.
- Most of our patients are word of mouth referrals.
- All patient data are well protected & we strictly prohibit the disclosure of patient personal data without their consent.
- Through this we maintain a good doctor-patient relationship & this has increased patient’s trust towards us.
- We have our own official website and facebook page for patients to reach us at any time and from anywhere.
- This makes it easier for patient to contact us for appointment bookings.
- We do have a dedicated mobile number for emergency. Mobile Number : +6014-261-6007
- Less than 100m from Subang Jaya Medical Centre, 1 km from Subang Parade shopping mall and Subang Jaya LRT station.
- Other available nearby facilities include restaurants, banks & petrol stations & ample parking.